Jewelry should be treated with care.
Our items are 14 karat gold plated over brass or over sterling silver, or sterling silver. The plating will fade over time due to contact with hard surfaces, water, perfume, lotion, and cleaning products.
To keep your jewelry as sparkling and happy as possible, here are a few simple guidelines to ensure the longevity of your jewelry.
- Avoid water contact where possible. Do not wear (plated) jewelry when in the swimming pool or while bathing or showering.
- Avoid contact with cleaning products.
- Avoid contact with perfumes, lotions, makeup or any other product in this family.
- Take care when dressing and undressing, put jewelry on last, or take it off first.
- Do not jank or pull chains.
- Store jewelry away from direct sunlight or heat.
- How long the plating will last differs per person; usage and treatment, therefore we cannot give any guarantee on plated jewelry.
- As gemstones have a higher density than precious metals and your jewelry may be scratched if they are kept together. A soft cloth pouch or a jewelry box are good options for storing your jewelry.
- Gemstones are a product of nature and are therefore unique and may vary slightly in size, color or appearance
- Gemstones may also change color or appearance due to sunlight or contact with water or other liquids